Monday, August 25, 2008

Exploring Huizhou

I spent yesterday trekking around the city getting an idea of the nearby neighborhoods. I took my camera with. I had such a great time wandering – I think I’ll get along here just fine! I spoke to several natives of this city and they were all very helpful. There are a lot of really friendly people here and I’m noticing a lot of smiles… of course a lot of stares too. I went into a Buddhist shop to look for some incense and the women who worked there ended up giving me a japa mala which I thought was so sweet of her. She was lovely and her smile shone so beautifully. In the afternoon I met up with two other 'newbies' here and we went and checked out this beautiful place called West Lake.
The driving in Huizhou is intense





Some guy fishing in the filthy river
Shops everywhere
Lunch with the newbies - Jess and George

















West Lake


















drinking a common milk based drink - tastes like cake























I still need to explore the markets more - they seem lovely

There is SO much construction everywhere in Huizhou

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. I am glad you enjoy the city so far.

your shooting makes the city looks really nice.

iDEAS EXPOSED in China said...

Thanks Sunny! Have you been here before? Hope you are well... talk again real soon. :-D

Oh Baby! said...

Holy cow Lis! These Pics are sooo amazing, I already miss you so much!
I'm so happy for you, I've seen you happy before but you look completely elated! I can't wait to read more about your trip!

lotsa love

Jay & Sandi